Start your day off on the right foot with this delicious and nutritious blue dream protein smoothie!
This simple recipe features spirulina, a plant-based superfood that contains tons of nutrients, including high amounts of protein. You’ll be enegrized for hours from the hydrating coconut water and other nutrient-rich ingredients like frozen zucchini and spinach. All you need is three minutes of prep and a Vitamix or high speed blender. The result? A refreshing and energizing treat that will put a pep in your step all day long. In short, this smoothie is a no brainer and might just replace your morning coffee! So, give it a try – you absolutely will not regret it! And to make things super easy, here are the links to my favorite spirulina and vanilla protein powder!
Why You’ll Love It
- Spirulina is a nutrient-rich superfood that’s making waves in the health and wellness world. From increasing energy levels to boosting your immune system, spirulina comes with plenty of amazing benefits for your body and mind.
- It’s rich in nutrients: Spirulina contains an impressive array of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, protein, and other nutrients. In fact, it’s one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet!
- It helps boosts energy levels: Spirulina is loaded with essential B vitamins that help give you a natural energy boost throughout the day without relying on caffeine or sugar.
- It improves digestion: Due to its high levels of chlorophyll, spirulina helps remove toxins from your digestive tract and improves overall digestion.
- It supports immune system: The antioxidants present in spirulina help strengthen your immune system and make it easier for you to fight off illnesses like colds and flus more quickly.
- It may lower cholesterol: Some studies suggest that regular consumption of spirulina may reduce bad cholesterol levels in the body, which can improve heart health over time.
Recipe Cost Breakdown
2 cups unsweetened coconut water: $1.49
1 scoop vanilla plant based protein powder: $2.24
1/2 frozen zucchini: $0.57
1 cup frozen pineapple: $1.39
2 pitted dates: $0.88
1 cup frozen spinach: $0.31
1 tsp spirulina: $0.42
Total Cost: $7.3
What You’ll Need
|2 cups unsweetened coconut water|
|1 scoop vanilla plant based protein powder|
|1/2 frozen zucchini|
|2 pitted dates|
|1 cup frozen spinach|
|1 cup frozen pineapple|
|1 tsp spirulina|